Hot and flaky, buttery and salty with a hint of sweet – that is what these crescent rolls are all about. There is something to be said about freshly baked pastry dough with its melt-in-your-mouth crust. Top that with a sweet potato filling and it creates the perfect creaminess while the mushrooms and onions bring all the flavors together.
Savory Sweet Potato Fall Crescent Rolls [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Savory Sweet Potato Fall Crescent Rolls [Vegan]
For the Crescent Rolls:
- 1 package refrigerated vegan pastry dough (or enough to make 8 rolls)
- 4 ounces finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
For the Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons soy milk, unsweetened, unflavored
- 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Savory Sweet Potato Fall Crescent Rolls [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Add mushrooms and onions to a large skillet on medium heat. Allow to cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until onions and mushrooms are cooked down and softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine sweet potato mixture in small bowl, mash and stir with fork until combined and creamy.
- Roll our pastry dough. Separate the dough into eight pre-cut pieces.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons sweet potato mixture onto the large end of the pastry dough (it is in a triangle, so the fat end of the triangle). Add 1 tablespoon minced and cooked mushroom/onion mixture to the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Now, roll pastry dough up, starting at the large end and place on greased cookie sheet. Brush the melted butter on top of each rolled pastry.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until browning slightly on top. Serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.