This savory pumpkin quinoa makes the perfect high-protein recipe to make during the week!
Savory Pumpkin Quinoa [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 5 stems rainbow chard, julienned and with stems diced (use spinach if you don’t have chard)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage (use 1 tablespoon if using dried sage)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 oz vegan white cheddar or asiago
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Cook quinoa in vegetable stock.
- Sauté onions and garlic in a little olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook until there is no more liquid in the pan. Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add in rainbow chard and cook for 2-3 minutes or until nicely wilted. Add in remaining ingredients, as well as the cooked quinoa.
- Serve when still hot and garnish with shredded vegan parmesan.