This is a healthy topping for soups and salads, giving a great crunch that's bursting with savory Italian flavors like fragrant oregano and decadent sun-dried tomatoes.
Savory Italian Granola [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Pre heat your oven to 350°F and line one baking sheet.
- Place the oats, buckwheat groats, pine nuts, dried oregano, nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix together well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic, maple syrup, mustard and truffle oil. Pour this into the oat mixture and fold together until fully incorporate.
- Spread over the baking sheet - try not to layer the oat mixture too much. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove and gently toss in your sundried tomatoes. Let cook for another 7-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes until pouring into an air tight box or jar.