This simple recipe makes for a comforting entree or a hearty side. Sauteed mushrooms, nutty farro, and fragrant thyme come together quickly for a healthy dish that will warm you up on a chilly day!
Sauteed Mushroom Farro [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sauteed Mushroom Farro [Vegan]
- 1 cup semi-pearled or quick-cooking farro
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups assorted fresh mushrooms of your choice, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Sauteed Mushroom Farro [Vegan]
- Cook farro in broth according to package directions. Add additional broth or water if needed.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute, stirring, until onions begin to turn translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and continue to saute until mushrooms release their juices and begin to soften for about 5 more minutes. Add thyme and season to taste.
- Combine mushroom with cooked farro and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.