This simple recipe makes for a comforting entree or a hearty side. Sauteed mushrooms, nutty farro, and fragrant thyme come together quickly for a healthy dish that will warm you up on a chilly day!
Sauteed Mushroom Farro [Vegan]
- 1 cup semi-pearled or quick-cooking farro
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups assorted fresh mushrooms of your choice, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook farro in broth according to package directions. Add additional broth or water if needed.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute, stirring, until onions begin to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and continue to saute until mushrooms release their juices and begin to soften, about 5 more minutes. Add thyme and season to taste.
- Combine mushroom with cooked farro and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh herbs.