Amazing Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies, crisp at the edges, soft in the middle. You won't believe they are vegan.
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chocolate chunks or chips
- 5/8 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coarse sea salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the chocolate chips to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the sugars briskly with the oil and water until smooth and incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, and then stir with a a rubber spatula until just combined and no flour is visible. Do not over mix. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 6 hours (up to 24 hours) see my note.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to portion dough into 2-inch mounds.
- Sprinkle the balls of dough with coarse sea salt and bake for 12 to 13 minutes until the edges are just golden. Do not over bake.
- Let cool completely before serving.