These salted caramel pretzel brownies really make a statement! Huge on flavor, simple to make, and packed with great, whole food ingredients. They're made from oats, dates, and kidney beans (but nobody will ever know) with tahini and sweet cherries added for decadence. The gooey caramel/crunchy, salty pretzel topping elevates these to the status of the best brownies you'll ever have.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Brownies:
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 pitted Medjool dates or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1.4 ounces good quality, vegan dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 cherries, pitted and chopped (optional)
For the Salted Caramel:
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- A few pinches of salt
For the Topping:
- A few handfuls gluten-free pretzels
How To Make Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Begin by making the brownie batter. Melt the coconut oil and chocolate in a double boiler and grate the dark chocolate into a bowl.
- Pulse the oats in a food processor to create flour.
- Next, pour in the milk and then add the rest of the ingredients, except for the cherries. Pulse until you have a smooth batter, about 30 seconds depending on the power of your processor.
- Stir in the cherry pieces.
- Line an 8-inch square tin with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Smooth it out evenly with a spatula and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the brownies are cooking, make the salted caramel. Rinse out the jug of your food processor and pop in the dates and coconut milk. Blend until you have a thick, smooth caramel.
- After the brownies have had their 20 minutes, remove from the oven and pour over the caramel.
- Sprinkle on the salt and pretzels and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes. The caramel should have a more set appearance.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool. You can set them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, if desired.
- These will keep in the refrigerator for a week however, the pretzels don't retain their crunch for more than a day.
- Beans - All
- Beans - Red
- Raw Cacao
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile