Looking for a new way to put your fresh herbs to use? Try this sage tempura! Earthy sage leaves are fried in a gluten-free tempura batter, then lightly salted. This delicate snack is perfect as an appetizer at any spring party.
Sage Tempura [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sage Tempura [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- .8 ounces sage leaves
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 cup cold sparkling water
- 1 ice cube
- Oil, as needed to fry
How to Prepare Sage Tempura [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Wash and dry the sage leaves well and place them in the refrigerator. Prepare a thick batter by mixing the rice flour with the sparkling water and finally, adding the ice cube (do not mix too much, it should not be perfectly homogeneous).
- In a small skillet, heat the oil. Dip the leaves of sage in the batter and cover them evenly and fry them a few at a time until they are crunchy.
- Remove with a strainer, let them dry on absorbent paper, and serve immediately after salting to taste.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Rice Flour
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.