Looking for a new way to put your fresh herbs to use? Try this sage tempura! Earthy sage leaves are fried in a gluten-free tempura batter, then lightly salted. This delicate snack is perfect as an appetizer at any spring party.
Sage Tempura [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- .8 ounces sage leaves
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 cup cold sparkling water
- 1 ice cube
- Oil, as needed to fry
- Wash and dry the sage leaves well and place them in the refrigerator. Prepare a thick batter by mixing the rice flour with the sparkling water and finally, adding the ice cube (do not mix too much, it should not be perfectly homogeneous).
- In a small skillet, heat the oil. Dip the leaves of sage in the batter and cover them evenly and fry them a few at a time until they are crunchy.
- Remove with a strainer, let them dry on absorbent paper, and serve immediately after salting to taste.
- Rice Flour