Who says sides are boring? These roasted potatoes are crispy around the edges and fluffy and creamy on the inside. Just before roasting, they are tossed with a pesto made from almonds, bread crumbs, garlic, and fresh sage. Finish these off with fresh sage and watch them disappear faster than the main course.
Sage and Almond Pesto Roasted Potatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sage and Almond Pesto Roasted Potatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Potato:
- 4-5 large Idaho or Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
For the Pesto:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, washed
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 3 large garlic cloves
How to Prepare Sage and Almond Pesto Roasted Potatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking tray with foil. Combine all the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times until mostly smooth, with a little texture remaining.
- Toss the potato cubes with about half of the pesto and spread evenly on baking sheet. Roast for 35-45 minutes until fork-tender and nicely browned, turn halfway through cooking with a spatula. Remove and cool for about 5 minutes, then serve hot as a side dish or first course topped with your desired amount of the rest of your pesto.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.