Spice up your ice cream routine (literally) with this recipe for saffron ice cream! This creamy dessert is cashew-based, sweetened lightly with agave, and studded with cranberries. Take it out from the freezer about 20 to 30 minutes before serving for maximum creaminess and don't forget to top with pistachios for added crunch and color!
Saffron Ice Cream With Pistachios [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, soaked for a few hours
- 1 13-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1/3 cup agave
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- A handful of pistachios, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Soak the cashew nuts. Do not skip this step – the ice cream becomes so much creamier if you soak them for at least a few hours.
- Simmer the coconut oil with the saffron in a pot on low heat for a few minutes until the aroma and color are fully released – the coconut milk will become a deep yellow color.
- Pour it into a blender and add the cashew nuts, the agave, and the sea salt. Run the blender on full speed for a few minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times if needed, to make sure that all ingredients blend fully until completely smooth.
- Pour into a container. Roughly chop the cranberries and pop them in evenly. Place in the freezer for a few hours, stirring a few times.
- Take out ten minutes before serving. Scoop into serving bowls (or cones) and top with the chopped pistachios.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile