Soft, fluffy and totally delicious pancakes with rum soaked raisins! This is a great brunch treat for you and your friends, or whenever you need an extra special breakfast.
Rum Raisin Pancakes [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 5 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 and 1/4 cupself-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small ripe banana (mashed)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil (for frying)
- Place the raisins in a small bowl or a cup and pour enough dark rum over them, to ensure they are covered.
- Leave to soak overnight or for at least an hour.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the middle and add mashed banana, milk and maple syrup and combine all the ingredients together until you have a smooth batter. If the batter feels too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk. Fold the raisins into the batter.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan, then pour about 2 tablespoons of pancake batter and fry for about a minute on each side, until golden brown. Top your pancakes with more maple syrup and favorite fruits. Enjoy!