This decadent bundt cake is the perfect treat to accompany a cup of black coffee or to nibble on after a light supper. The blackberries and rosemary combine beautifully to make a unique and alluring flavor pallet while the sour cream provides the cake with a rich, dense, moistness that is to die for.
Rosemary Scented Blackberry Lemon Bundt Cake [Vegan]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons golden flax meal
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 3 springs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of blackberry purée
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- Confectioners sugar
- Almond milk
- Combine the flax meal with the hot water and let it stand for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Cream the vegan butter with the sugar until they're light and fluffy. This should take approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set it aside. If your blackberries are gigantic like mine were, cut them in half.
- Once the creamed mixture is ready, add the flax meal and mix everything well. Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and minced rosemary and mix everything well.
- Add the sifted flour mixture all at once and mix until everything is just combined. Add the vegan sour cream and mix well.
- Fold in the blackberries and then pour the batter into a well greased 6-cup bundt pan and bake it 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Then turn the oven temperature down to 325°F for the remaining bake time. Total bake time should be about 45-55 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake until you can touch the pan without burning your fingers, then unmold it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sugar glaze by combining the confectioner's sugar with the almond milk and optional blackberry puree and lemon extract until you have the consistency you desire.
- Glaze the cooled cake and then serve.