Importing legumes in a vegan diet is crucial. Beans, peas, and lentils are all great sources of protein and fiber. This is a quick and easy way how to cook wax beans. The beans are roasted together with arugula and lemon juice to make them very flavorful and tangy. It’s an excellent dish for busy days and can be enjoyed alone or as a side dish.
Roasted Wax Beans With Arugula And Lemon [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- 2 cups of yellow wax beans
- a handful of fresh arugula leaves
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- juice from one lemon
- black pepper and salt to taste
- splash of olive oil
- Pour water in a medium size pot, add some salt and bring to boil. Cook the beans for about 3 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Mix the beans with lemon juice, turmeric, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spread them on baking paper, sprinkle with some olive oil. You can save a bit of lemon to top on the beans. Place the beans in the oven and cook for about 15 – 20 minutes until golden crisp.
- While the beans are still hot, top them with fresh arugula leaves (they’ll become soft from the heat).