In this recipe, roasted cauliflower and chickpeas sit atop a bed of greens. This one-bowl salad is just the thing you need when you're craving something hearty and healthy. The great thing about this recipe is that it takes so little time to make — so go ahead, make a big batch, and enjoy!
Roasted Spiced Cauliflower and Harissa Chickpea Salad [Vegan]
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 4 small Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Pour olive oil into a large bowl, add the ground cinnamon and cumin seeds, and stir or whisk to help the spices disperse. Tip in cauliflower and toss to coat. Pour the contents of the bowl into a small baking tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Don’t wash out the bowl you’ve been using just yet. Meanwhile, prepare the chickpeas.
- When the cauliflower has had its 15 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and quickly pour the chickpeas and tomatoes over the cauliflower. Toss to combine before returning to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the drained chickpeas to the bowl, and add the harissa, then toss to coat. Add quartered tomatoes to the bowl and stir to mix.
- When ready, remove from the oven and serve over parsley and arugula leaves. Scatter pomegranate seeds over salad if you are using them. Serve warm.