Think you need meat and cheese to make a substantial (and tasty) sandwich? Think again, friends. This veggie sandwich is brimming with yummy flavor from the tomato paste, garlic, and olive oil on the bread to the red pepper and walnut topping. With a nice and rich umami taste and a good amount of texture, this sandwich will fill you up and feed your senses while nourishing you with nutrients.
Roasted Red Pepper and Toasted Walnut Sandwich [Vegan]
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt, black pepper, and crushed chili pepper, to taste
- Bread of choice
- Chop the red bell peppers and pan roast them with olive oil until well done.
- Add the tomato paste and garlic, continue roasting for a few more minutes.
- Add the salt, black pepper, and the crushed chili pepper.
- Except the walnuts, run the roasted mix and the remainder of the ingredients through food processor until it turns into a more or less smooth paste.
- Knife-chop the walnuts, not too fine. And add them to the rest.
- Assemble sandwiches as desired and serve.