Who knew cabbage with a drizzle of dressing could be so flavorful and elegant? In this recipe, purple cabbage is roasted gently in the oven, dressed with a refreshing mixture of tahini and basil, and then topped with crunchy, smoky hazelnuts. This dish is delightfully textured, vibrant, and best of all, good for you!
Roasted Purple Cabbage With Green Goddess Dressing [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Purple Cabbage With Green Goddess Dressing [Vegan]
For the Cabbage:
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Roasted hazelnuts, for topping
For the Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 of 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
How to Prepare Roasted Purple Cabbage With Green Goddess Dressing [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the head of cabbage in quarters, leaving the core intact as that's what will hold it all together. If you can get more slices out of it while still keeping the core, go for it.
- Lay slices down onto baking sheet on a flat side, drizzle olive oil, and coat two sides of each slice with some.
- Sprinkle sea salt over top and roast for approximately 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- In the meantime, make the green goddess dressing by adding all ingredients to a food processor, set aside.
- Take a handful of hazelnuts and lay on a baking sheet, roast in the same oven for 3 minutes or so - be very watchful not to burn. The outer layer will be cracking off and you can remove it after it cools off a bit with a paper towel.
- Chop hazelnuts in half and set aside for topping.
- Once cabbage is all done, using tongs, and add to your plate. Drizzle green goddess dressing, top with any leftover chives and hazelnuts. Serve.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.