Do you ever crave a little something to accompany your salad that is nutritious, tasty, but won't weigh you down? If you answered yes, these roasted garlic and tomato toasts are right up your alley! They feature three delicious layers: melty VEGAN mozzarella cheese, wilted spinach, and garlicky grape tomatoes that have been lightly charred and smushed. Enjoy these with a garden salad or make a bigger batch and serve them as an appetizer. Yum!
Roasted Garlic and Tomato Toasts [Vegan]
- 1-2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Sliced bread
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- Vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded, or sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add grape tomatoes and garlic to a rimmed cooking pan and drizzle with olive oil, making sure everything is lightly coated.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or so, checking and gently stirring around the tomatoes after about 10 minutes. When they are soft and juicy with a few charred spots, remove them from the oven. Carefully, smush them down.
- Turn your oven to broil. Arrange your bread slices on another baking sheet and add a layer of vegan cheese. Place under the broiler and cook for about 5 minutes, or until melty and golden. Take out and arrange a few leaves of spinach and a layer of roasted tomatoes. You can eat it right away or place this under the broiler for a minute or two to re-warm the tomatoes and wilt the spinach.