This soup is a lovely green bowl of wholesomeness. A simple mix of onion, garlic, veggie broth, broccoli, and a touch of extra virgin olive oil combine to make a creamy, dreamy soup in about 30 minutes. Make this soup when you need some major nourishment.
5-Ingredient Roasted Broccoli Soup [Vegan]
5 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large broccoli crowns, stems removed
- 1 heaping cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Freshly cracked sea salt and pepper
- Vegan sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- Minced chives, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Chop broccoli into evenly sized florets. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season generously with freshly cracked sea salt and black pepper. Lay out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until florets are just beginning to brown.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a pot or large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, salt, and pepper, and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and cook until the broccoli is very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to a blender and purée until smooth. Return purée to pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with sour cream and chives.