This amazing Roasted Acorn Squash, Sage, and Pecan Sauce with Rice Noodles dish is buttery and nutty, slightly salty and sweet, and a lot delicious. It's an irresistible comforting dish made in just a little over 30 minutes.
Roasted Acorn Squash, Sage and Pecan Sauce with Rice Noodles [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Acorn Squash, Sage and Pecan Sauce with Rice Noodles [Vegan]
- 2-3 small acorn squash (or two medium-sized)
- 8.8 ounces brown rice noodles (GF)/ or preferred pasta
- 4-6 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup veggie stock (or water)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon miso paste (Shiro)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
How to Prepare Roasted Acorn Squash, Sage and Pecan Sauce with Rice Noodles [Vegan]
- Preheat oven at 400° F
- Clean the acorn squashes, cut them in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds and strings. Slice them into thin slices, and place them into a medium-sized bowl. Add the oil, salt, and sage. Mix lightly.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone mat on a large baking tray, place the acorn squash face-up, and sage leaves.
- Bake for 25 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of the baking process, prep to boil the noodles.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, turn the oven to Broil and add the pecans over the roasted squash. Broil together for the remaining 5-7 minutes max until pecans are browned up/ lightly roasted.
- Boil your pasta according to the instructions, rinse and set aside.
- After the squash is baked and fork-tender, leave to rest of 5-10 minutes before scooping the flesh from the skin. Remove a handful (half of the amount) of the roasted pecans for topping – set aside.
- Add all the roasted squash to a high-speed blender along with the following ingredients: baked sage, half of the roasted pecans, cinnamon, miso paste, and veggie stock (or water), Adding more (or less) salt to adjust to your taste is recommended.
- Start blending at low speed until all ingredients start mixing together, and gradually increase the speed to high, for obtaining creamy sauce blend for up to 2 minutes.
- Serving option 1: plate a handful/ one serving of the noodles (or preferred pasta), and pour half of a cup (or as desired) of the warm creamy roasted acorn squash sauce on top. Crush a couple of toasted pecans on top, and dust lightly with cinnamon powder (optional).
- Serving option 2: add the cooked noodles to a serving bowl, pour all the creamy roasted acorn squash sauce, stir gently until the noodles are incorporated in the sauce. Crush a fair amount of roasted pecans on top. Plate a handful of creamy squash noodles on each plate and garnish with more roasted pecans and cinnamon powder (optional).
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.