This amazing Roasted Acorn Squash, Sage, and Pecan Sauce with Rice Noodles dish is buttery and nutty, slightly salty and sweet, and a lot delicious. It's an irresistible comforting dish made in just a little over 30 minutes.
Roasted Acorn Squash, Sage and Pecan Sauce with Rice Noodles [Vegan]
- 2-3 small acorn squash (or two medium-sized)
- 8.8 ounces brown rice noodles (GF)/ or preferred pasta
- 4-6 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup veggie stock (or water)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon miso paste (Shiro)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven at 400° F
- Clean the acorn squashes, cut them in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds and strings. Slice them into thin slices, and place them into a medium-sized bowl. Add the oil, salt, and sage. Mix lightly.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone mat on a large baking tray, place the acorn squash face-up, and sage leaves.
- Bake for 25 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of the baking process, prep to boil the noodles.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, turn the oven to Broil and add the pecans over the roasted squash. Broil together for the remaining 5-7 minutes max until pecans are browned up/ lightly roasted.
- Boil your pasta according to the instructions, rinse and set aside.
- After the squash is baked and fork-tender, leave to rest of 5-10 minutes before scooping the flesh from the skin. Remove a handful (half of the amount) of the roasted pecans for topping – set aside.
- Add all the roasted squash to a high-speed blender along with the following ingredients: baked sage, half of the roasted pecans, cinnamon, miso paste, and veggie stock (or water), Adding more (or less) salt to adjust to your taste is recommended.
- Start blending at low speed until all ingredients start mixing together, and gradually increase the speed to high, for obtaining creamy sauce blend for up to 2 minutes.
- Serving option 1: plate a handful/ one serving of the noodles (or preferred pasta), and pour half of a cup (or as desired) of the warm creamy roasted acorn squash sauce on top. Crush a couple of toasted pecans on top, and dust lightly with cinnamon powder (optional).
- Serving option 2: add the cooked noodles to a serving bowl, pour all the creamy roasted acorn squash sauce, stir gently until the noodles are incorporated in the sauce. Crush a fair amount of roasted pecans on top. Plate a handful of creamy squash noodles on each plate and garnish with more roasted pecans and cinnamon powder (optional).