Quick and easy roast pumpkin salad – works well as a side dish with roast vegetables. You can prepare in advance and have the cold or warm.
Roast Pumpkin Salad [Vegan]
- 35 1/4 ounce japanese pumpkin (deseeded and cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 mint leaves
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley or fresh basil
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 430°F.
- Slice the pumpkin and arrange on a lined baking tray.
- Brush with olive oil, maple syrup and add salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until soft and caramelized.
- Place the walnuts, cumin, cinnamon and a dash of olive oil in a pan and fry until the walnuts are toasted (about 2-3 minutes on medium heat).
- Set aside to cool. Roughly chop the walnuts when cool.
- Divide the pumpkin between plates and top with walnuts, parsley, mint, craisins and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to serve.