Pour this sauce over your favorite gluten free pasta and enjoy a hearty and scrumptious lunch or dinner.
Rich Vegetable Pasta Sauce [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- 4 spring onions diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 stick celery chopped
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 1/2 eggplant cubed
- 1 14.1 oz tin chopped tomatoes
- Large handful pitted olives
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 stems fresh basil and extra for seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock as needed
- gluten-free pasta, cooked
- Heat a little water in pan and add onions and garlic. Braise for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tinned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini and celery. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add olives and basil and simmer gently until vegetables are cooked.
- Adjust consistency of sauce with water or vegetable stock.
- Stir sauce through cooked pasta of choice and serve with extra fresh basil.