The inspiration for this dish hails from Malaysia. Traditionally served with prawns and made with plenty of oil, this version is oil free and uses tofu (because tofu is boss). Any dish in Malaysia or Indonesia that has the word "Lemak" in it is guaranteed to be rich and delicious. This is no exception.
Golden Pineapple Curry [Vegan]
- 5 large garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 2 small shallots, peeled and left whole
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and left whole
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh turmeric, peeled and left whole
- 4 dried red chilies, stem taken off and left whole
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 cups green cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups firm tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cilantro
- Make the curry sauce by placing all of the sauce ingredients into a blender and blending until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a pan, turn the heat to medium – low and add the coconut milk, cauliflower, bell pepper, cabbage, pineapple, tofu, and cilantro.
- Gently stir and cook covered for 25-30 minutes or until the veggies are a good tenderness for you.