Rice and beans may sound weird for a burger but trust us - it works! This burger is awesome!
Rice & Bean Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup sauteed onion and bell pepper
- 1/2 oat flour
- 1 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Mash half the beans really well then mash the rest of the beans a bit more roughly for texture
- Mix everything in a bowl together and bake at 375ºF for 40 minutes (flip half way through).