These refried beans make a great addition to tacos or burritos, on top of rice, or even as a dip!
Refried Beans [Vegan]
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
- 1 14oz can pinto beans
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- Fry the onions in olive oil for a few minutes until browned
- Add in the beans, puree, stock, garlic and smoked paprika, then stir (do this regularly so it doesn’t stick)
- On quite a high heat, simmer the beans so the liquid starts to evaporate
- When the liquid has reached 1/4 of it’s original amount, take the beans off the heat and mash them roughly with a potato masher
- Then, serve and enjoy!