Meals that can easily fit into your meal rotation are convenient and well sought after. As we can get a bit bored with the usual meals, it's nice to have more easy options that come together in a cinch. This chili is a simple dish that can be made over and over again. Nothing complicated in this recipe, everything is probably in your kitchen right now, or you can find it right away at your favorite grocery store. Eating vegan, healthy, and tasty meals every day is really easy once you get the hang of it. This lovely chili is a one-pot meal that is ready in under an hour. Leftovers hold up extremely well too! Bring on the chili...
Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes or 1 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 onion, diced
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- A few dashes of garlic powder
- A few dashes of onion powder
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth, plus more as needed
- Avocado, cilantro, and/or diced onion, for garnish
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, cook until soft, and they start to turn brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for another minute or so.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, cover slightly ajar, reduce heat and cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chili is ready when sweet potatoes are tender. Add additional water if chili is too thick for your liking.
- Serve with optional garnishes.