These little cookies are dainty and adorable. They look like homemade Oreos, and no one will believe they are completely vegan. So set aside your New Year's resolutions, and treat yourself to one of these!
Sandwich Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sandwich Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance, room temperature
- Ener-G Egg Replacer for one egg (1 1/2 teaspoons egg replacer mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
How to Prepare Sandwich Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add the butter and Ener-G egg replacer. Mix until well blended dough.
- For mini sandwiches, drop by teaspoons onto lined baking sheet. For bigger sandwiches, drop by tablespoons onto lined baking sheet. Use hand to flatten cookies.
- Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- While cookies are cooling, beat together softened Earth Balance and confectioner's sugar at low speed. Add vanilla and mix at higher speed for about 2 minutes. Use a pastry bag and a small star or drop flower tip and pipe icing onto one cookie, and top with another cookie. Enjoy!
Total Calories: 4,269 | Total Carbs: 600 g | Total Fat: 210 g | Total Protein: 23 g | Total Sodium: 2,138 mg | Total Sugar: 457 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.