Sugar-free? Check! Gluten-free? Check! Insanely-delicious? Check check check (You can also cut this into fudge bites or use as fudge frosting!)
Raw Chocolate-Fudge Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 a large, very-ripe banana
- 2 T (or more!) cocoa powder (10g)
- 4 T Artisana Coconut Butter, or Homemade Coconut Butter
- scant 1/16 tsp salt
- 5 drops pure peppermint extract, or more if desired
- optional: cacao nibs, fresh mint leaves
- optional: feel free to sweeten, if needed
- Blend all ingredients (except the optional cacao nibs) together in your blender, food processor, or Magic Bullet. Stir in your cacao nibs, if using.
- Spread into a container, or onto wax paper. (Side note: this recipe makes a small cake. If you want a normal-sized cake, feel free to double or triple the recipe. It’s so good, you’ll want to do this anyway!)
- Refrigerate overnight, or freeze for a few hours. (If you wish to use this recipe as frosting, there's no need to refrigerate.) The cake will keep in the freezer for weeks. Just be sure to thaw at least 20 minutes prior to eating. Taste before eating, in case you wish to add sweetener.