Somewhere between a brownie and a fudgy square, this fantastic dessert is made from just fruits, nuts, and superfoods. Better still, five ingredients + five minutes is all it takes to go from zero to brownie. There's a very good reason why these are one of the most popular recipes from my book! Watch how easy it is to whip these up via the No Bake Brownies video. This recipe is from the Superfood Cuisine: Cooking with Nature’s Most Amazing Foods.
No-Bake Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
24 bite-size brownies
- 1 cup soft Medjool dates (about 10-11), pits removed
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon, or up to 1⁄2 cup cacao nibs (use quantity to taste)
- Place walnuts in a food processor and grind for a couple seconds to form a coarse flour.
- While machine is running, add pitted dates, cacao powder and salt, processing until a moist, crumb- like dough has formed.
- Depending on the natural moisture of the dates, you may need to add a touch of water – a teaspoon at a time – to get the crumbs to “stick” when pinched together.
- Spread the crumbs into an 8×8 inch pan, sprinkle with cacao nibs, and press firmly into a solid brownie layer.
- Cut into bite-size squares.
Variation: Replace or add to the cacao nibs with hemp seeds, goji berries, or other superfoods.