Applesauce is deliciously versatile - you can use it in a wide variety of baked goods, as a condiment (I love it on potato latkes), or eat it all on its own. It's a snap to make applesauce at home. There's an initial time investment to peel and chop the apples, but once the fruit is in the pot it's a very hand-off process.
Homemade Applesauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Homemade Applesauce [Vegan]
- 6 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup water
How to Prepare Homemade Applesauce [Vegan]
- Drop apples into a pot and turn on medium heat.
- Add in the cinnamon, maple syrup and water. As the apples cook, add more water if needed.
- Cook apples until soft, then mash with a potato masher. If you prefer super smooth applesauce, whirl in a food processor.
You can use any kind of apple in this recipe. There are plenty of varieties available at this time of year, so mix it up and add a few different kinds!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.