People who are unfamiliar with the vegan diet may think that vegan food would lack in flavor, but they couldn't be farther from the truth. Just be sure to use herbs and spices to amp up the flavor of your favorite vegan dishes. These vegan recipes showcase the wonderful flavors of rosemary (in the soup), and parsley and basil (in the garlic bread).
Herby Bean Soup And Garlic Bread [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Herby Bean Soup And Garlic Bread [Vegan]
- 2 sweet yellow onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 398ml cannellini beans
- 1 540ml white kidney beans
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 fresh rosemary branch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- olive oil and fresh rosemary for garnish
- 1 french baguette, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup earth balance
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh basil
How To Make Herby Bean Soup And Garlic Bread [Vegan]
- In a large pot, saute onions in olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook one to two more minutes. Add the beans, rosemary, vegetable stock, salt and pepper, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and simmer about 20 minutes, until soup is heated through and herbs are softened.
- Remove the rosemary and bay leaf.
- Blend the soup in a blender until completely smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and serve drizzled with olive oil and garnished with fresh rosemary.
- Lay baguette slices in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, mash up garlic, Earth Balance, nutritional yeast, parsley, and basil.
- Slather the mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with more nutritional yeast.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until bread begins to brown.
- Beans - All
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Great recipe, except cannellini beans and white kidney beans are the same thing