With all the different ways to make a simple cake, whether it is gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free and as my dad says cake-free, this one has to be the simplest and tastiest gluten-free cake ever. It has the perfect cake crumb and tastes great when eaten the same day. I'm sure it won't stay too long because it tastes so good!
Marble Cake [Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/4 cup Red/Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vegan gelatin/ agar agar powder
- 2 tsp acacia gum powder
- 3/4 cup raw sugar/ brown sugar
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all the dry ingredients except the cocoa powder. Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients. Add the non-dairy milk little bit at a time and mix it till the batter resembles a thick cake batter. Scoop out roughly half the batter in to another bowl and add the cocoa powder to that. If it is too dry add a little bit of the non-dairy milk to it.
- Now you have two batters. In a greased 6 inch cake tin, scoop some of the vanilla batter in the center and flatten it. Next add the same quantity of the chocolate batter on top. Add alternating layers of the batter till you are done and make lines on the top using a knife to give a marbled look.
- Bake for 25 minutes or till the edges are firm. The center should be soft to touch. Let it cool completely before you cut.
This cake is even better with some warm chocolate sauce poured on top.