These secretly healthy doughnuts look and taste like they came straight from the nearest Krispy Kreme, but they are even better because they're vegan.
Cake Batter Doughnuts [Vegan]
For the Doughnuts:
- 1 level cup spelt or white flour (or a gluten-free mix)
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (almond, coconut, soy... don't use rice milk for this recipe)
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 tablespoon sugar or evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons egg replacer powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons oil or pre-melted vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (if using oil, add a tiny pinch more salt)
For the Optional Mix-Ins:
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Then add the vinegar and immediately pour wet onto dry.
- Mix (but don’t overmix), and pour into greased doughnut pans.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool before serving.