Home-made granola is so easy to make and such a great thing to always have on hand. It is especially good when traveling and I even keep some in my car in case of emergencies. Store bought brands are usually loaded with sugar, refined oil and super high in fat so I always make my own. I love this recipe since it has so many disease fighting properties like rooibos, acai, goji, coconut oil and more! Using a dehydrator helps keep the amazing health benefits in place but you can still enjoy this recipe with an oven.
Berry Antioxidant Granola [Vegan]
- 1 cup organic oats
- 1/2 cup organic oat groats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup organic goji berries
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 packet acai liquid (found in freezer section of health market)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 packets of rooibos tea leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- If using dehydrator, spread out on a parchment-lined tray. Dehydrate at 106°F for 8-10 hours.
- If using an oven, spread out on a baking sheet and bake at 250°F for 45 minutes. You may need to flip it over halfway through.
- You'll know granola is done when it is crunchy.
- Enjoy as a snack or with non-dairy milk.