The raw vegan lemon meltaway balls are for all you lemon fans out there! They're full of all the tangy lemon tartness that you love. And…they have options! You can eat them plain, roll them in shredded organic coconut, roll them in almond flour, powdered sugar (not raw), or even put them in the dehydrator and they will be slightly hard on the outside and soft on the inside and be more like a lemon cookie. All you have to do is put everything in the food processor, roll them into a ball shape, and they are ready to eat in a matter of minutes. These little raw vegan lemon meltaway balls are flourless, grain-free, and gluten-free too! They're also so much healthier than traditional lemon bars. What more could you ask for?
Raw Lemon Meltaway Balls [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup organic raw coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 - 2 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 3 organic lemons (fresh squeezed juice)
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined.
- Take out about a spoonful at a time and roll them in the palms of your hand into a ball shape.
- Leave them plain or roll in shredded coconut flakes, almond flour, or powdered sugar (not raw).
- Put them in the refrigerator to firm for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature as the coconut oil melts.
Recipe inspired by and lightly adapted from Addicted to Veggies. You can eat them plain, roll them in shredded organic coconut, roll them in almond flour, powdered sugar