It’s slightly different every time, but it’s always delicious, and very satisfying. Which is surprising, because it’s full of “salad-y” ingredients, and HEAPS of greens. Even on cold autumn days.
Raw Taco Salad [Vegan]
Walnut Taco Meat (4 serves)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato halves, well-packed, soaked 2-8h and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- pinch chilli powder (or more if you like it hot)
- pinch cayenne pepper
Cashew Sour Cream (12 serves)
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 1-2h
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup ice
Salad (1 serve)
- 3 cups rocket / arugula
- 1/4 cup Walnut Taco Meat
- 1/2 med avocado, diced
- 1 med tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon Cashew Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon spring onion , sliced
Cover the sun-dried tomatoes in water and leave to soak for 2 to 8 hours. Drain.
Process all of the walnut taco meat ingredients in a food processor until well combined, but still chunky.
Blend all of the cashew sour cream ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
Assemble salad ingredients in a large bowl (one per person), serve and eat.