Try this oh-so-delicious raw vegan truffle and you will be in for a treat! It's a indulgence, but who says you can't have more than one a day.
Raw Strawberry Crème Chocolate Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Chocolate:
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or raw agave nectar)
For the Crème Filling:
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries (fresh or thawed)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup (or raw agave nectar)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients for the crème filling in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Put all the ingredients for the chocolate topping in a medium sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Using a chocolate mold or ice cube tray, spoon a tablespoon of chocolate topping into each mold.
- Add a tablespoon of the crème filling on top of the bottom chocolate layer (see notes).
- Add another tablespoon of chocolate topping on top of the crème filling.
- Put in the freezer for approximately 20 - 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Remove and leave out on the counter for a few minutes before removing from the mold/ice cube tray and eating.
- Keep in freezer until you are ready to eat because they will soften at room temperature.
If you want them to be "pretty" without the strawberry creme showing through the bottom and have a solid chocolate appearance on the exterior, follow these instructions: After you pour the bottom layer of chocolate, put them in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Then pour the strawberry creme center on top and put it back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or until it hardens. Then pour the top layer of chocolate and return them to the freezer for another 10-15 minutes.