In this raw seasonal tart, sweet, and creamy cashew cream sits on a crumbly pecan crust. It's then decorated with fresh strawberries and kiwis to create a dessert that's vibrantly colored and picturesque. Although strawberries and kiwis are a winning combination, you can also decorate these with any kind of fruit tart.
Raw Strawberry and Kiwi Tart [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, for oil free can sub nut butter
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Fruit:
- 3 1/2 kiwis
- A handful of strawberries
To Make the Crust:
- Place all ingredients for the crust into a food processor. Pulse until it comes together. Press the mixture into a tart pan with a removable bottom, or a springform pan.
To Make the Filling:
- Place all the cream cheese ingredients, except the water, into a blender. With the blender on low, start to blend gradually, adding water until a thick, cream cheese-like spread forms, and cashews have become creamy.
- Spread the filling over the crust. If less cashew cream is desired, use less and save the filling for another use.
- Slice fruit into thin pieces and create a concentric ring around the pan.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving. Remove from tart pan and serve.
- Tropical Fruits
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Veronica your two favourites
C’est beau il m’a l’aire succulent mais moi perso…je déteste les fruits rouges