This decadent chocolate cake sits atop a crust of dates and raw cashews and hazelnuts. The chocolate filling is smooth and creamy while raspberries add a fruity note that prevent it from being overly rich. Decorate the top with fresh raspberries and you've got a photo-worthy cake that'll impress everyone!
Raw Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Raw Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 1/2 scant cups cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup raw chocolate
- 1 cup homemade date paste
- 1/2-1 cup water
- A dash of cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 cups raspberries
How To Make Raw Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Base:
- Soak dates in warm water and let sit for 30 minutes, then drain the water. Process dates; pulse hazelnuts in a food processor until you get coarse crumbs. Knead by hand almond crumb and date paste, then press the base mixture evenly in the coconut oil-brushed tin.
- Drain the cashews and rinse well, finely chop the chocolate, then throw all filling ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the tin and smooth out using a wet spatula or spoon. Cover with cling film and let it sit in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Garnish with some fresh raspberries to finish off.
- Take out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Chocolate Cheesecake
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 4858 | Total Carbs: 338 g | Total Fat: 134 g | Total Protein: 61 g | Total Sodium: 546 g | Total Sugar: 466 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
I am terribly sorry but this recipe is a bit incomprehensible. So the base is made of dates and hazelnuts. Why is there a mention of cashews for the base and also the mention of almond crumb (Knead by hand almond crumb and date paste…)? Also, we have 1 cup od dates and then 1 cup of date paste. Is that the same ONE cup of dates, just made into a paste? I have trouble understanding this.
Secondly, the ingredients for the cream are not listed in a precise manner (Drain the cashews and rinse well, finely chop the chocolate, then throw all filling ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.) Cashews are probably soaked in the amount of water mentioned in the ingredient list, I get that. But what are all the other ingredients? Is it possible that they are these: 1 1/2 scant cups cashew nuts
1/2 cup raw chocolate
1 cup homemade date paste
1/2-1 cup water
A dash of cardamom powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder?
Because it is all so very disorganized. What goes where? Please, help. Thank you.