This decadent chocolate cake sits atop a crust of dates and raw cashews and hazelnuts. The chocolate filling is smooth and creamy while raspberries add a fruity note that prevent it from being overly rich. Decorate the top with fresh raspberries and you've got a photo-worthy cake that'll impress everyone!
Raw Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 1/2 scant cups cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup raw chocolate
- 1 cup homemade date paste
- 1/2-1 cup water
- A dash of cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 cups raspberries
- Soak dates in warm water and let sit for 30 minutes, then drain the water. Process dates; pulse hazelnuts in a food processor until you get coarse crumbs. Knead by hand almond crumb and date paste, then press the base mixture evenly in the coconut oil-brushed tin.
- Drain the cashews and rinse well, finely chop the chocolate, then throw all filling ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the tin and smooth out using a wet spatula or spoon. Cover with cling film and let it sit in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Garnish with some fresh raspberries to finish off.
- Take out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before serving.