This nut-free, thick, and fragrant pumpkin seed pesto is a versatile sauce for your repertoire. Try this pesto as a spread on sandwiches, tossed with hot gluten-free pasta, or served over roasted or steamed vegetables. It's fantastic!
Raw Pumpkin Seed Pesto [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups raw pumpkin seeds - soaked for 2 hours (rinse and drain well)
- 1/2 cup (or more) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves - peeled and chopped small
- 1 TB. raw apple cider vinegar
- Several drops of liquid stevia
- 1 cup PACKED fresh basil leaves (green or purple variety)
- 1 tsp. pink himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process till smooth (stopping once or twice to scrape down sides). If you like your pesto chunky, don't process as long.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.