A chocolatey crust, a creamy coconut filling, and a topping of fresh berries and mint... Meet your new food crush. The filling of these tarts is a very rich white chocolate matcha filling made with cacao butter. The star of the recipe is, of course, antioxidant-rich matcha, whose earthy flavor punctuates each bite of the creamy filling.
Raw Matcha Berry Chocolate Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Matcha Berry Chocolate Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or light agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
For the Garnish:
- Mint leaves
- Extra sprinkle of matcha powder
How to Prepare Raw Matcha Berry Chocolate Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Base:
- Mix all base ingredients together in a bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon of maple syrup at a time and mix. If the mixture is too wet you may need to stop at 3 tablespoons. Add an extra tablespoon of maple syrup if it is too dry. It might seem like the mixture will not come together at first but keep mixing and it will.
- Lightly grease four 4-inch mini tart moulds with a little oil or you can use baking paper. Divide the mixture and press evenly over the base and sides of your tart moulds and set aside.
To Make the Filling:
- In a small saucepan, melt down the cacao butter over low heat. Add in the cashew butter and mix in until well combined. Remove from heat and whisk in the remainder of your filling ingredients.
- Pour over your chocolate bases and set in the freezer for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with raspberries, blueberries and an extra sprinkling of matcha powder.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 662 | Carbs: 46 g | Fat: 49 g | Protein: 11 g | Sodium: 57 mg | Sugar: 22 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.