I’m not sure what I can say to introduce this new raw cake other than, its by far my favorite raw cake that I have ever made! It's not too sweet, light in texture, and rich with caramel tones from the mesquite and baobab powder, two raw superfoods. I love making cakes with superfoods as they really do become something medicinal, not just delicious!
Raw Lemon and Baobab Cheesecake With Mesquite Caramel Topping [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- ¾ cup of desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup of flaked almonds
- ¾ cup of soft dates
- 1 cup of soaked cashews
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 lemon- juice and zest
- 5 drops of vanilla flavor liquid stevia
- 2 teaspoons of baobab powder
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of soft dates
- ½ a banana
- 2 teaspoons of mesquite powder
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and processor until the mixture comes together but so that it retains some texture.
- Pat this crust down into two small round 5 inch spring-form cake tins and place in the fridge while you make the topping.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour half of the mixture out evenly into the two cake tins and place them back in the fridge.
- Leave the remainder of the mixture in the blender and add the additional ingredients.
- Blend until very smooth and creamy and then pour this mixture evenly onto your two cakes.
- Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to set.
- You can do this recipe to make one cake in a larger cake tin, I just like making smaller size cakes! These small cakes serve 2 or 3 people generously!
The cakes will keep in the freezer for a couple of weeks or in the fridge for 5 days.