The title says it all! Who doesn’t want a refreshing slice of ice cream pizza that you can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Not only is this dish completely raw, it is also super easy and fast to make. No kneading of dough, cooking, or baking is involved, it’s the simplest thing ever. You can treat this recipe like a guideline, have fun with it and create something beautiful — any topping or combination of fruit for the ice cream and topping will do. This is your pizza party, so if you want a cinnamon date crust instead of a chocolate date crust, you can make it happen!
Raw Ice Cream Fruit Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
For the Ice Cream:
- 3 big bananas frozen
- 5 large strawberries
- 2 teaspoons beet powder (optional)
For the Topping:
- Edible flowers
- Passion fruit
- Dragon fruit
- Any fruit of your choice
To Make the Crust:
- Put all the crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until everything's combined and you can form a crust. Line a cake pan with parchment paper and press the crust into it, making sure that the edges are raised.
To Make the Ice Cream:
- Add the ice cream ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender. Pulse until they reach the consistency of soft-serve ice cream.
- Spread the ice cream over the crust, add whatever fruit toppings you'd like, and place the pizza in the freezer to set for a couple of hours. Once the crust and the ice cream have firmed up, remove from freezer, lift the pizza out of the cake pan using the parchment paper, cut into slices using a pizza cutter or knife, and serve.
Make the Ice Cream whatever flavour you like, try adding raspberries or mango instead of strawberries. Or whatever kind of flavoring you like, or simply keep it plain.