Craving hot chocolate but don't want all that sugar? Try this raw hot chocolate instead! It's creamy and delicious, and will definitely having a second cup!
Raw Hot Chocolate [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free]
- 1/2 cup cashews , soaked 1-2 hours
- 3 medium medjool dates , pitted
- 3 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 pinch vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium strawberry
- (Optional) Soak the cashews in filtered water for 1-2 hours and drain.
- Add everything to the blender except for the strawberry.
- Blend until mix is smooth, and starting to warm up, around 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a big mug and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- Drink immediately.
You don’t have to soak the cashews if you don’t want to, or if you don’t have the time. You can make this with soaked and unsoaked cashews and the result is pretty similar. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, then pre-soaking the cashews might help to create a smoother texture.