These crunchy and savory "fries" are not fried at all! In fact, these raw fries are so crisp and seasonal. Try these out with a raw burger patty.
Raw and Crispy Jicama Fries [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 jicama
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Dash of paprika
- Salt to taste
- Peel Jicama and slice julienne style.
- Place sliced jicama in a glass bowl and add coconut oil and salt, making sure to cover thoroughly. Add remaining spices and toss once more.
- You can consume as-is, or dehydrate for 1-2 hours (my preference) to slightly soften the root vegetable.