A rich and luxurious ice cream made from a base of cashews and avocado and swirled with sweet blueberry drizzle...how does that sound? Pretty delicious, right? This ice cream has all the creaminess of traditional ice cream, no milk required! Top with extra berries, pecans, or crumbled cookies for a truly decadent treat!
Raw Blueberry Vanilla Ice Cream [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Blueberry Vanilla Ice Cream [Vegan]
For the Ice Cream:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Blueberry Swirl:
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/8 cup water
How to Prepare Raw Blueberry Vanilla Ice Cream [Vegan]
- Soak the cashews and blueberries separately for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the cashews and blend until smooth, stirring and adding a little coconut milk at a time. Only use a 1/2 cup in this phase.
- Add in the avocados, coconut nectar, vanilla, and salt,
- and blend, adding in the rest of the coconut milk, a little bit at a time.
- Add the cream to a shallow glass dish, cover, and freeze.
- Mix the ice cream every 30 minutes or so in the beginning to imitate an ice cream maker.
- Blend the blueberries and water separately, add it on top of the cream once it has hardened a bit, and lightly swirl it into the cream.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.