This nut-free beet-sunflower seed burger recipe is awesome. It's seasonal, raw, and so savory! This kid-friendly raw recipe is perfect to prepare at home with the family.
Raw Beet-Sunflower Seed Burgers [Vegan, Nut-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Beet-Sunflower Seed Burgers [Vegan, Nut-Free]
- 2 medium chopped beets
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup ground sunflower seeds
- 1 cup ground flax seeds 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (with the ‘mother’)
- 6 tablespoons oregano
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare Raw Beet-Sunflower Seed Burgers [Vegan, Nut-Free]
- In a food processor, add beets, carrot, and red pepper. Pulse until all three are rice-size. Add the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, including ground sunflower seeds, ground flax seeds, apple cider vinegar, and spices, to the bowl and mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- When you come back to the bowl, the mixture should be thick in consistency and have a dough-like texture.
- Portion the burgers to 1/4 cup, and use your hands to form 1/4-inch thick patties.
- Place the burgers on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate for 4 hours at 115°F (this keeps the enzymes “live”). After four hours, flip the burger patties and dehydrate for another 4-5 hours.
- Store the burger patties in the fridge in an air-tight container. They will stay fresh for up to five days.
- Top it with raw ketchup or raw barbecue sauce, and add fresh toppings like lettuce, onion, and avocado.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.