This nut-free beet-sunflower seed burger recipe is awesome. It's seasonal, raw, and so savory! This kid-friendly raw recipe is perfect to prepare at home with the family.
Raw Beet-Sunflower Seed Burgers [Vegan, Nut-Free]
- 2 medium chopped beets
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup ground sunflower seeds
- 1 cup ground flax seeds 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (with the ‘mother’)
- 6 tablespoons oregano
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor, add beets, carrot, and red pepper. Pulse until all three are rice-size. Add the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, including ground sunflower seeds, ground flax seeds, apple cider vinegar, and spices, to the bowl and mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- When you come back to the bowl, the mixture should be thick in consistency and have a dough-like texture.
- Portion the burgers to 1/4 cup, and use your hands to form 1/4-inch thick patties.
- Place the burgers on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate for 4 hours at 115°F (this keeps the enzymes “live”). After four hours, flip the burger patties and dehydrate for another 4-5 hours.
- Store the burger patties in the fridge in an air-tight container. They will stay fresh for up to five days.
- Top it with raw ketchup or raw barbecue sauce, and add fresh toppings like lettuce, onion, and avocado.