Get ready for some meal prep heaven with these stuffed peppers. Not only are these healthy, they are packed full of flavor and spice – there’s nothing boring about these. The star of the show is the jalapeño cream sauce. Creamy and spicy, what more could you want from the world? Aside from the tasty sauce, they're packed with beans, corn, spicy tomatoes, and of course, quinoa. A healthy and filling combo.
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers With Jalapeño Cream Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For The Jalapeño Cream Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeño, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
For the Stuffed Peppers:
- 3 large bell peppers, cut in half and deseeded
- 1/2 cup jalapeño cream sauce and more for topping
- 1 14.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilis
To Make the Jalapeño Cream Sauce:
- Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Sauté until onions begins to soften (approximately 5-7 minutes), stirring regularly.
- Add jalapeño and cream cheese to the pan and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until cream cheese is softened and everything is combined.
- Add the contents of the pan to a blender with cilantro and 1/4 cup of water. Pulse until combined. Add additional water if needed and taste to adjust seasoning.
- Pour into a bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Make the Peppers:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Pour a couple tablespoons of water into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the peppers) into a large bowl and stir to combine. Taste filling and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Fill each pepper with filling mixture and place in the baking dish. Cover with foil and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Remove from the oven and top with jalapeño cream sauce and cilantro.