A spicy, Moroccan-inspired taco with a quinoa and tomato base all wrapped up inside a tortilla with red cabbage and cilantro.
Quinoa Shakshuka Tacos [Vegan]
- 1 cup dry quinoa (any color)
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shakshuka sauce
- 4 tortillas
- 1/2 cup red cabbage salad (shredded red cabbage, rubbed with salt)
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 handful arugula
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley
- Rinse and drain the quinoa.
- Put the quinoa, water and bay leaf in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until the water is completely absorbed.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa into a large bowl and add all the seasoning ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the seasoned quinoa onto a baking sheet that is either lightly greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Spread into a uniform, thin layer.
- Bake the quinoa for 15 minutes.
- Warm up tortillas in a skillet or directly over flame.
- Assemble tacos.