An Alkalizing Protein Packed Dairy Free "milk" Without Preservatives or Additives. This pure almond mylk is so much better than store-bought stuff! Most of the organic boxed almond nut-milks have only 2% almonds, with a long list of filler (non-food) ingredients. The beauty of making your own nut mylk is that you can say goodbye to all kinds of additives, fillers, stabilizers, dairy, soy, carrageenan, xanthan gum and other stuff. What you will get instead is more real nuts, more good fats, more bio-available nutrients, and more true flavour. Not only is almond mylk delicious and healthy, it goes great in tea, coffee, smoothies and even cereal!
Pure Almond Mylk [Vegan]
- 1.5 cup raw organic almonds- pre soak in cold filtered water for 8-12 hours
- 6 cups of clean filtered water
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2-4 dates (optional)
- vanilla extract (optional)
- Drain the almonds and discard the soaking water. Once soaked and drained peel the almonds- basically all you need to do is press on the almonds with your fingers and the skin will come off easily.
- Rinse the peeled almonds under cold water and place in a good blender. Add 6 cups of cold water you are comfortable drinking (spring or filtered) and a pinch of salt. Optional you can also add 2-4 dates depending on how sweet you like it, and vanilla extract.
- Blend on high for about 60 sec.
- Use a nut milk bag to place the blended almond mix in and squeeze all the liquid out to a bowl.
- Store in glass bottle in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Shake or stir before using.