Invite your friends over for a steaming cup of coffee or tea, and a delicious slice of homemade bread. What a great way to make the most of fall. You can have that eclectic coffee shop feel right in the comfort of your own home- the aromas and warmth, with more room for the kids to play.
Pumpkin Spice Bread [Vegan]
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/16 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 drops liquid vanilla stevia (or substitute with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flours, sugars, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a medium bowl, gently whisking to sift ingredients.
- In another large mixing bowl, add soy milk and cider vinegar, stir and allow to rest for 2 minutes. Next, add the canola oil, maple syrup, vanilla stevia drops, and pumpkin puree to the soy milk mixture. Whisk together until well combined. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the bowl and gently stir just until combined. Add batter to the pan.
- Bake for approximately 50 – 55 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.